2018-2019 ConnectHomeUSA - Strategies for Launching a Strong Digital Inclusion Program
February 26, 2019 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
The foundational steps for building a strong digital inclusion program are covered in Chapters 1-5 of the ConnectHomeUSA Playbook. Whether you’re just starting out, or have been at this work for several years, this webinar featured two speakers from the 2018 cohort who brought these chapters to life by sharing novel ideas and strategies that were inspired by the Playbook.
Veronica Thomas of the Deep East Texas Regional Housing Authority shared:
- Innovative strategies she used to assess the digital landscape in her community
- Tips for assembling your core planning team
- Ideas about how to cultivate and leverage partnerships
- Methods for identifying your community’s needs to set effective goals
Michael Strom of the Jersey City Housing Authority discussed:
- Organizing your first local ConnectHomeUSA convening: tips, best practices, and lessons-learned
- Developing your initial action plan for addressing the three-legged stool of digital inclusion: connectivity, devices, and digital literacy
This webinar covered:
- A review of the ConnectHomeUSA Playbook Launchpad
- Concepts to help meet ConnectHomeUSA program goals
- ConnectHomeUSA community best practices
Who Should Attend?
Public Housing Authority (PHA) staff and community members responsible for ConnectHomeUSA program implementation could attend. Community members from non-ConnectHomeUSA communities interested in bridging the digital divide for PHA or other HUD-assisted housing programs were welcome to attend.
Other ConnectHome and ConnectHomeUSA Training Deliveries
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Janelle Beverly | firstname.lastname@example.org | 202-649-3909