2017-2018 ConnectHome - Philanthropic Partnerships
August 23, 2018 | 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
This webinar series serves as guidance to help ConnectHome participating communities achieve their goals in connecting households to broadband and assisting communities in their digital literacy efforts. Presenters discuss topics in the ConnectHome Playbook and best practice examples from participating communities.
Partnerships between philanthropy, government, and nonprofits provide the capacity to achieve far greater outcomes together than organizations can achieve on their own. In many instances, solutions for problems are rarely under the singular control of one sector and require joint efforts to address. This webinar provides an overview of public-philanthropic partnerships and information on how to harness this innovative way of working to support the work of ConnectHome.
- Understand ConnectHome Playbook chapter topics and application
- Understand concepts to help meet ConnectHome program goals
- Learn ConnectHome community best practices
- Information on what a public-philanthropic partnership is
- Benefits to partnering with philanthropy beyond just funding
- Types of foundations you might partner with
- How to leverage existing philanthropic networks
- Roles foundations can play to support your work
- Best practices, tips, and advice for working with philanthropy
This webinar will be followed by a session at the upcoming ConnectHome conference in Washington, DC that will build on your learning from the webinar and go deeper into what strategies you can execute to begin and advance philanthropic partnerships in your community.
Who Should Attend?
Public Housing Authority (PHA) staff and community members responsible for ConnectHome program implementation should attend. Community members from non-ConnectHome communities interested in bridging the digital divide for PHA or other HUD-assisted housing programs are welcome to attend.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
Other Training Deliveries
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For more information, please contact:
Christina Payamps-Smith | email@example.com | 202-407-8721