The CHUSA program hosted six presentations and six Facilitated Idea Exchange sessions on timely digital inclusion topics, during which participants were able to connect, exchange ideas, and leave with concrete tools for continued growth of their digital inclusion programs and partnerships in their communities.
At the conclusion of the summit, participants were able to:
- Identify funding opportunities and strategies to support the growth and success of digital inclusion initiatives
- Collaborate and exchange ideas with CHUSA communities and stakeholders to improve and innovate program design and implementation
- Learn about innovative connectivity models from communities around the country
- Identify strategies for engaging hard-to-reach residents
- Continue to strengthen the three-legged stool of digital inclusion: affordable connectivity, digital literacy, and low-cost devices
Explore materials from session presentations and facilitated idea exchanges. To learn more about the agenda and speakers, view the 2021 ConnectHomeUSA Virtual Summit Agenda and Speakers.
The presentations covered a range of digital inclusion topics and featured speakers from CHUSA communities, federal agencies, stakeholders, and other advocates for digital inclusion.
Keynote and Building and Maintaining Community Partnerships
- Learn how public-private partnerships have successfully bridged the digital divide in San Diego and other communities
- Discuss best practices for identifying and engaging potential partners
- Discuss how to maintain partnerships over time
Federal Funding for Broadband
- Learn about funding opportunities currently available and those in the pipeline
- Featured agencies include: the National Telecommunications & Information Administration; the Federal Communications Commission, the U.S. Departments of Agriculture and Treasury
Innovative Approaches to Digital Inclusion
- Learn how affordable housing organizations and other digital inclusion advocates are providing affordable connectivity, digital literacy training, and low-cost devices through innovative connectivity models and strategies
- Learn how these strategies might be implemented in your community
Developing and Updating Your Action Plan, Recognizing CHUSA Communities, and What Lies Ahead
- Learn about Action Planning to support your program year after year
- Learn how your community can adapt your Action Plan to support community goals
- Celebrate the hard work of CHUSA communities
Facilitated Idea Exchanges
The Facilitated Idea Exchange sessions gave participants the opportunity to select topics to discuss with panelists, communities, and other attendees.