Skip to Content

Technical Assistance

Are you a CPD Grantee, Continuum of Care (CoC) entity or HMIS Lead that needs assistance with implementing, operating or administering a CPD-funded program, CoC or HMIS? You can ask for help here! HUD has Technical Assistance (TA) providers available to help. Based on the information you provide, HUD will determine the type and level of assistance available to you. Technical assistance is more involved than basic policy questions. It involves recurrent communication with TA providers, possible site visits, and/or longer-term assistance that enables your organization to build skills, knowledge and capacity for operating CPD programs.

If you are a subrecipient organization or project sponsor, meaning you do not receive funds directly from HUD but receive them through your City, County, State, or competitive HUD grantee, you need to contact the grantee so that organization can submit a request for technical assistance on your behalf.

For basic policy and technical questions regarding CPD programs, please use the Ask A Question Form instead.

When submitting a request for technical assistance, be prepared to provide:

  1. A detailed description of what you need help with;
  2. A description of why you need help;
  3. An explanation of what the help will allow you to accomplish;
  4. List the primary point of contact for this request (name, email, phone) if different than person submitting the request;
  5. Indicate if the agency and/or political leadership are supportive or open to receiving help and making needed changes in staffing, program design, etc.; and
  6. If the request is for training, please describe the type of training requested and why it is needed.

If the request is not clear or specific, you will be contacted for additional information which could delay the review of the request as well as delivery of technical assistance. If the requested information is not received within two weeks, the request will not be approved.

Log In to Request Technical Assistance

For Questions About HUD Reporting Systems:

  • DRGR: Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting System
  • eCon Planning Suite
  • e-snaps
  • HDX: Homelessness Data Exchange
  • HMIS: Homeless Management Information Systems
  • IDIS: Integrated Distribution and Information System
Ask A Question