Additional OZ Resources
- HUD Opportunity Zones website, HUD’s official OZ website, provides current information and links to high-level information about OZs.
- IRS’s Community Development Financial Institutions’ website on OZs, includes a link to a list of all OZs, by state.
- HUD toolkit for community leaders about OZ:
- Volume 1, October 1, 2019: This is an introductory guide for local jurisdictions to plan for economic development within OZs.
- Volume 2, May 29, 2020: Guide to local best practices and case studies. (See “Align” section in particular (page 31) for leveraging federal funds.)
- IRS website with OZ Frequently Asked Questions provides definition of IRS and OZ terms and interprets IRS regulatory requirements.
- Opportunity Zone Fund Directory within the NCSHA website provides a compilation of publicly announced funds formed to attract investment in OZs.