NIMBY, which stands for "not-in-my-backyard," is a mentality adopted by those who reject certain changes to their communities. Although many types of development can provoke NIMBY attitudes, supportive housing for persons who are homeless frequently arouses such opposition. Often fears of increased crime, decreased property values, and other negative impacts on the community underlie objections to developing supportive housing.
- NIMBY Risk Assessment and Decision Tree Tool
- Overview of NIMBY Decision Tree
- How is this Decision Tree Organized?
- Introduction to NIMBY Concepts
- Introduction to Intake and Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Case Studies