NIMBY Risk Assessment and Decision Tree Tool
This training provides real world case studies showing how NIMBYism (Not In My Backyard) affects supportive housing projects and how organizations can respond to NIMBYism in their communities.
Users who are already familiar with NIMBYism in general may wish to proceed directly to the intake questionnaire, which identifies the case studies most relevant to their activities and estimates the level of risk acceptable to their organizations. The case study on Managing Community Concerns may be of general interest to anyone facing community opposition. Experienced users can also browse the list of case studies
Users interested in more background on NIMBYism can access general information by clicking on the links below:
- NIMBY Risk Assessment and Decision Tree Tool
- Overview of NIMBY Decision Tree
- How is this Decision Tree Organized?
- Introduction to NIMBY Concepts
- Introduction to Intake and Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Case Studies