This Notice updates Notices CPD-14-10, CPD-14-11, and CPD-15-05.
This Notice provides guidance on geographic datasets used for compliance purposes with CDBG, CDBG-DR and NSP grant requirements. The following sections are included in this Notice:
- Publication. Announces the publication of the low- and moderate-income summary data (LMISD) based on the American Community Survey 2011-2015 5-year estimates (2015 ACS). These data will replace the prior LMISD based on the American Community Survey 2006-2010 5-year estimates (2010 ACS) for the purposes of demonstrating compliance with the CDBG National Objective of providing benefit to low- and moderate-income persons on an area basis (“Area Benefit” or LMA) and other purposes discussed this Notice;
- Effective Date and Transition Policy. Announces an effective date of April 1, 2019, for use of the 2015 ACS LMISD to qualify LMA activities; and, provides a transition policy for circumstances when prior 2010 ACS LMISD may continue to be used;
- How to Use the LMISD. Explains the geographic format of these data and how to use the LMISD to demonstrate compliance for LMA activities;
- Margin of Error. Announces the publication of margin of error (MOE) data for all geographies in the LMISD, including all census places and block groups, and provides instructions for use. Additionally, this Notice describes guidance regarding the confidence interval and acceptable MOE for local income surveys, based on the LMISD MOE; and,
- Additional Geographic Data. Announces that HUD will set a 5-year publication schedule for other geographic data used for reporting race/ethnicity, disability, and age of beneficiaries, as well as poverty data used to qualify certain activities for assistance.
- Reporting LMA Benefit. Provides instruction for reporting LMA activities in the grantee reporting systems for the various programs.
CDBG HUD Administered
CDBG Insular Areas