Coordination and Connection Efforts

Connecting Title V Properties with Homeless Assistance Funds

Once an organization successfully completes the conveyance portion of the process through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) it might seek federal funding to support its homeless project. HUD’s Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) not only administers the Title V Program but also administers the Continuum of Care (CoC) and the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Programs. Organizations could consider applying for funding through these programs to obtain funding to support their homeless assistance program. For example, CoC Program funding may be used for rehabilitation or new construction to assist organizations with needed repairs to the buildings. Funding through the CoC and ESG Programs may also assist with the day-to-day operations of the program. To learn more about the CoC Program and to connect with your local CoC, please visit the CoC and ESG webpages.

Visit the Homelessness Assistance page on the HUD Exchange for more information about these programs.

Title V Coordination with Partner Agencies

HUD coordinates with its partners to support the administration of the Title V program. Click the links below to access their websites and available resources:

U.S. Department of General Administration Services

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH)

National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty