These resources may be employed to generate meaningful Section 3 outcomes in the form of jobs, training, and contracts for eligible persons and businesses.
- 24 CFR Part 75: Section 3 Notices Regulation: Enhancing and Streamlining the Implementation of Section 3 Requirements for Creating Economic Opportunities for Low- and Very Low-Income Persons and Eligible Businesses
- 85 FR 60907 (may be updated every three years): Section 3 Benchmark Notice: Section 3 Benchmarks for Creating Economic Opportunities for Low- and Very Low-Income Persons and Eligible Businesses
- Notice CPD-21-07: Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, as Amended by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992, Final Rule Requirements for HOME and HTF projects
- Notice CPD-21-09: Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, as Amended by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992, Final Rule Requirements for CDBG, CDBG-CV, CDBG-DR, CDBG-MIT, NSP, Section 108, and RHP Projects
- Notice PIH 2022-10: Implementation of the Final Rule on Section 3 Regulations - 24 CFR Part 75
Technical Assistance and Guidance
HUD is committed to providing guidance and technical assistance to ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements of Section 3. For assistance in your locality, there are FPM Section 3 Regional Points of Contacts that can direct your concerns to the appropriate program office.
- Section 3 Tools
- Section 3 page on HUD.gov
- Section 3 page on HUD Exchange
- Section 3 FAQs on HUD Exchange
- Section 3 Final Rule Training on HUD Exchange
- Submit Section 3 Questions or Comments
- Section 3 Opportunity Portal