Public Housing Resident Organizing and Participation Guides
These guides will walk you through:
- Operating an effective resident council
- Partnering with the PHA and community organizations
- Fully participating as residents in self-help initiatives to create a positive living environment for your public housing community
Generally, the rules for public housing resident organizing and participation can be found at 24 CFR part 964.
These documents are provided for informational purposes only and are not official, or required, HUD documents.
- Guide 1: Organizing and Running Resident Councils
- Guide 2: Engaging Residents and Representing Resident Interests
- Guide 3: Holding Effective Resident Council Meetings
- Guide 4: Partnering and Advocacy with the Housing Authority
- Guide 5: Advisory Boards and the Housing Authority Plan Process
- Guide 6: Partnering with Local and Community Organizations
- Guide 7: Resident Training and Self-Sufficiency Programs
- Guide 8: Resident Management Corporations
- Guide 9: Tenant Participation Funds