HUD Resources on the FSS Program
- HUD Notice H-2016-08: Family Self Sufficiency Program in Multifamily
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program Guidebook for Owners of Project-Based Section 8 Developments
- Launching a Multifamily FSS Program Webinar
- Promising Practices for Running an FSS Program Webinar
- Complying with Multifamily FSS Program Requirements Webinar
Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher FSS Program Resources
- 24 CFR Part 984: Public Housing Family Self-Sufficiency Program regulation
- HCV Family Self-Sufficiency Website
- FSS Online Training (from Office of Public and Indian Housing)
- Administering an Effective Family Self-Sufficiency Program: A Guidebook Based on Evidence and Promising Practices (from Office of Public and Indian Housing)
- HUD Handbook 4350.1: Multifamily Asset Management and Project Servicing
- FSS Account Credit Worksheet
Resources for Identifying Service Providers
- Directory of Workforce Investment Boards and American Job Centers
- Directory of TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Agencies
- Directory of SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Agencies
- US Department of Veterans Affairs National Service Directory
- Directory of HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agencies
- Directory of Credit Counseling Agencies by the US Department of Justice
- US Department of Treasury Financial Literacy Resource Directory
- America’s Literacy Directory – Directory of Adult Basic Education, Literacy, and English as a Second Language programs
- 211 Directory - United Way Directory for Social Services
- Aunt Bertha - Social service directory searchable by zip code
Research on the FSS Program
Resources on Working with Low-Income Families
- US Department of Health and Human Services Self- Sufficiency Research Clearinghouse
- Center for Policy and Budget Priorities Directory of Executive Function resources
- “Using Brain Science to Design New Pathways out of Poverty” (2014), Elisabeth D. Babcock, Crittenton Women’s Union.
- “Effective Case Management Key Elements and Practices from the Field” (2011), Elizabeth Laird and Pamela Holcomb, Mathematica Policy Issue Brief.
- “Strengthening Economic Self-Sufficiency Programs: How Housing Authorities Can Use Behavioral and Cognitive Science to Improve Programs” (2014), Maya Brennan, Center for Housing Policy.
- “More Than a Roof: Case Studies of Public Housing Agency Initiatives to Increase Residents’ Economic Security” (2012), Maya Brennan and Jeffrey Lubell, Center for Housing Policy.
- “Reflections of the Experience of Launching an Asset Building Model for the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program” (2015), Compass Working Capital.