7. Term-Limited Assistance
The agency is authorized to implement term limits for families residing in public housing or receiving voucher assistance.
Safe harbors marked with an asterisk (*) cannot be waived through either the Safe Harbor Waiver process or the Agency-Specific Waiver process.
7.b. Term-Limited Assistance (HCV)
The agency may limit the duration for which a family receives housing assistance.
Statutes and Regulations Waived
Term-Limited Assistance (PH)
Certain provisions of sections 6(l)(1) and 6(l)(5) of the 1937 Act and 24 C.F.R. and 966.4(a)(2).
Safe Harbor(s) - 7.a. and 7.b.
- The term of assistance may not be shorter than 4 years.*
- Services, or referrals to services, must be provided by the agency or a partner organization to support preparing families for the termination of assistance.
- Agency must conduct an annual impact analysis.*
- Agency must exclude elderly and disabled families from term limit.*
- Agency must implement a hardship policy.*