This page is updated weekly to reflect trainings hosted by:
- HUD Office of Housing Counseling (OHC)
- OHC-funded training partners
- Other partners that host trainings of interest to housing counselors
Please email email@example.com to notify HUD about upcoming training and events for housing counselors.
Content current as of December 17, 2018
Subscribe to the Housing Counseling Mailing List to receive training updates in your inbox.
HUD Office of Housing Counseling Training
Register for Upcoming Trainings
Non-Housing Counseling Trainings of Interest
This HIV Housing Care Continuum webinar series and accompanying workbook have been developed to share the information and resources presented at a 2015 series of regional meetings that brought together teams of HOPWA grantees and project sponsors, Ryan White providers, and health department surveillance staff to create community strategies for developing and implementing HIV Housing Care Continuums.
OHC-Funded Partner Trainings
NeighborWorks Training Institutes (NTIs) are topic- and skill-focused classes with 10-30 fellow learners. Each NTI offers a selection of more than 100 courses, a one-day symposium, free after-course workshops on innovative tools and methods, and peer networking opportunities. Inquire with NeighborWorks about scholarship opportunities.
Upcoming NTI Dates
Neighborworks Self-guided Courses
For registration questions, contact the Training Department at (916) 447-9832 x 1429 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For content questions, contact Judy Hunter at (916) 447-9832 x 1015 or email@example.com. Scholarships for on-site classes are available to those employed by a HUD-approved counseling agency.
The NHN Learning Alliance (NHNLA) is a national training and certification program for housing counselors. NHNLA courses are developed in collaboration with NCLR Homeownership Network (NHN) housing counseling agencies located in major cities and rural communities throughout the U.S.
Upcoming Trainings and Webinars
The National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) National Training Academy offers substantive state-of-the-art training and technical assistance both on-site and online via webinars. NCRC seeks to "train the trainers" and expand the availability and reach of information on current developments in community reinvestment.
In Person Events
Housing Counseling Training: Jacksonville, FL - January 14 - 18, 2019
- Pre-Purchase: January 14-18, 2019
- Reaching Consumers Using Social Media and Marketing Materials: January 14-15, 2019
- Foreclosure Intervention: January 14-18, 2019
- Preparing Housing Counselors for the HUD Exam: January 14-18, 2019
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Counseling: January 16-18, 2019
Recorded Webinars available until December 31, 2018
Other Training Partner Trainings
Training, Membership and all webinars are free. Most webinars have a short online test afterwards to get continued education hours' credit and Certificates of Completion. To see all webinars at a glance, please go to the TCC master webinar calendar.
Recorded Webinar Videos
For questions regarding training please contact Tammy Repine of the USDA RD Single Family Housing Direct Loan Division at: (360) 753-7677 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Single Family Housing Direct Loan Division is excited to announce four new webinar trainings which have been posted to the Forms and Resources page:
- Determining Annual, Adjusted, and Repayment Income
- Credit Requirements
- How to Become an Intermediary
- The Role of the Intermediary
Other Available USDA Trainings
The Military Housing Podcast is an entertaining and educational series of conversations focused on military off-base housing.
The OCC's Financial Literacy Update is a bimonthly e-newsletter that reports financial literacy events, initiatives, resources and events and training.
Virtual Tax-Exempt 501(c)(3) Workshops are available for educational institutions and will help non-profit apply for and maintain their 501(c)(3) status.
Access the free, self-paced online housing course to learn about a variety of housing topics.
FEMA offers free self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public.
FEMA also offers a weekly podcast on disaster planning. The FEMA Podcast is a new audio program series available to anyone interested in learning more about the agency, hearing about innovation in the field of emergency management, and listening to stories about communities and individuals recovering after disasters.
Visit FHCNA for registration and more information on upcoming events.
NeighborWorks Course List
- HO009 HECM and the Non-Borrower Spouse: What Counselors Need to Know - classroom Express Webinar Training
- HO014 HECM to HECM Refinance Counseling - classroom Express Webinar Training
- HO016 HECM Default and Foreclosure - eClassroom Express Webinar Training
- HO111 Home Equity Conversion Mortgages
- HO111b Home Equity Conversion Mortgages
- HO130el Understanding Credit Reports and Credit Scoring
- HO272 HECM Basics for Decision Makers
- HO275 Intermediate HECM Counseling: Skills and Tools
- HO275b Intermediate HECM Counseling: Skills and Tools
- HO278 Understanding HECM Default & Foreclosure
- HOO11 Maximizing the Effectiveness of Telephone Counseling with HECM Clients -
- HO365vc Advanced Topics in HECM Counseling
- HO180el Engaging Older Adults in Financial Capability Programs
- HO346el Understanding and Applying Foreclosure Intervention and Loss Mitigation Tools
UnidosUS Course List
National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA) Course List
Visit the NRMLA website to access the following trainings:
- HECM & Ethics
- HECM Regulatory Updates
- HECM for Purchase
- HECM Math