Find a Housing Counselor

HUD provides support to a nationwide network of housing counseling agencies (HCAs) and certified counselors. HUD participating HCAs are approved and trained to provide tools to current and prospective homeowners and renters so they can make responsible choices to address their housing needs in light of their financial situations.

HCA Locator Tool

NewThe new HCA Locator tool offers improved navigation and more service type choices and makes finding HUD participating HCAs easier for consumers, federal partners, and other stakeholders.


HCA Locator Tool

Calling Services

NewIf you are unable to find an agency nearby or prefer to speak to a customer service representative during business hours (8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET), options for service types by zip code or state are available by dialing 800-569-4287 or 202-708-1455 (TTY).

Customer Service Feedback

To help monitor performance, HUD needs to hear from clients who have received counseling. If there is a counselor or agency that really helped you, tell HUD about it. Or, if you received poor service tell HUD that too.


Please provide your name, address, phone number, email address, date of counseling session, counseling agency, name of the counselor you saw, and a description of your experience.


Email HUD

FHA Resource Center

Contact the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Resource Center to ask questions about rental assistance programs, buying a home, homelessness assistance, and more.


You may speak directly to a customer service representative by dialing 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342) or emailing You may also visit our online knowledge base at


Email HUD

Additional Resource

In addition to the resources above, HCAs can also be found using the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Zip Code Tool.