NSP Closeout Guidance
This guidance will help grantees prepare and complete the closeout process.
Before any grantee begins the closeout process, it should consider the follow questions:
- Are virtually all funds drawn from the Line of Credit?
- Have all projects that have any Line of Credit Funds in them met a National Objective? (Typically this means an eligible person or family is living in the unit or house)
- Has an amount equal to at least 25% of the original grant been spent on housing individuals at or below 50% of the Area Medium Income?
- Do all NSP properties have mechanisms in place (such as liens) to ensure continued affordability?
- Is DRGR in order and does it tell a complete and accurate story?
And if you have a Land Bank:
- Do you have a Land Bank Plan to obligate each Land Bank property for a specific, eligible redevelopment that meets NSP requirements within 10 Years?
YES, TO ALL OF THE ABOVE
If you answered YES to all of the questions above, follow these steps to begin the closeout process:
- Contact your Field Office, and let them know you are prepared to close out the grant.
- Go to Request Technical Assistance.
- Enter the information requested. For these fields, enter the following information:
- Technical Assistance Request Subject Line: NSP Closeout Readiness Check
- Program: NSP: Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Attach a Draft version of your Final Performance Report. See the information below for a description of how to download the report.
NO, TO ANY OF THE ABOVE
If you answered NO to any of the above questions, then you may consider getting Technical Assistance to help in preparing to closeout.
The materials below will help grantees and field offices closeout NSP grants.