Updated Resources Available for 2017 AHAR Data
As of October 1, 2017, communities can now submit their data for the 2017 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress through the Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX).
We have no substantive changes to the AHAR since last year. As we release updated resources, which add improved clarity, please note that last year’s resources are relevant and appropriate to use for the 2017 AHAR. The HDX home page contains links to HUD’s website with the latest resources to help communities as they work to submit draft data by the October 31, 2017 draft deadline:
- Introductory Guide to the AHAR provides background information and guidance on the 2017 AHAR’s data reporting requirements, and reviews the data submission process via the HDX.
- AHAR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides answers to many commonly asked questions about the AHAR.
- Webinar 1: Introduction to the AHAR Data Collection Process walks through the basics of the Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) data collection process and how to use the HDX.
- Webinar 2: Steps to a Successful AHAR Data Submission outlines the process of reviewing community data and addresses common data quality issues using examples.
- AHAR Data Mapping Instructions provides instructions for mapping updated data elements meeting current Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data standards for the reporting categories in the 2017 AHAR.
- Vendor Resources links to the AHAR XML Schema that vendors use.
- AHAR HDX Errors Guide provides a list of errors embedded in the HDX system for the AHAR data collection.
View the AHAR Reports, Guides, Tools, and Webinars page for a complete list of all resources related to the AHAR.
If additional questions arise that are not addressed by these resources, consult your assigned AHAR Liaison, or submit them online through the Ask A Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange website. Select “HDX: Homelessness Data Exchange” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the AAQ question submission process.