Updated Resources Available for 2016 AHAR Data
As of October 1, 2016, communities can now submit their data for the 2016 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress through the Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX).
The HDX contains links to updated resources to help communities as they work to submit draft data by the October 31, 2016 deadline. The following materials are available via the HDX Homepage:
- 2016 Introductory Guide to the AHAR provides background information and guidance on the AHAR’s data reporting requirements, and reviews the data submission process via the HDX.
- 2016 AHAR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provides answers to many commonly asked questions about the AHAR.
- AHAR Webinar Part 1: Introduction to the Data Collection Process walks through the basics of the Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) process and how to use the HDX.
- AHAR Webinar Part 2: Steps to a Successful Data Submission outlines the process of reviewing community data and addresses common data quality issues using examples.
- 2016 AHAR Data Mapping Instructions provides instructions for mapping updated data elements meeting current Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data standards for the reporting categories in the 2016 AHAR.
- HMIS Vendor Resources is the HMIS XML Schema for vendors.
If additional questions arise that are not addressed by these resources, consult your assigned AHAR Data Liaison, or submit them online through the HDX Ask A Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange website. To submit a question to the HDX AAQ portal, select “HDX: Homelessness Data Exchange (including PIT, HIC, and AHAR)” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.