Updated FY 2022 Rating and Ranking Tool and Instructions Now Available
Continuums of Care (CoCs) are required to design and implement a collaborative process for their application for the CoC Program Competition. In recent years, CoCs have been strongly encouraged to use objective, performance-based scoring criteria, and selection priorities to determine which projects they will submit to HUD as part of their CoC Consolidated Application.
The optional Rating and Ranking Tool, which CoCs can customize, was developed to use objective, performance-based scoring criteria for a performance rating and ranking process for their local competitions, including the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 CoC Program Competition. HUD updates this tool periodically to incorporate current requirements and to add new features.
A few important notes:
- This tool is optional; it is not being promoted over other tools CoCs currently use, there is no guarantee of additional points in any CoC Program Competitions, nor is there any implication that using it will guarantee project applications will be consistent with any specific Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) requirement. If your CoC’s existing review and ranking process is working well, you are not expected to adopt this tool as part of your process.
- This tool provides a strong framework for implementing a data-driven process, including methodology on how to compare projects that serve similar populations to each other.
- The tool supports project ranking based on CoC-defined priorities for project type and population to help develop the priority listing for the CoC Consolidated Application.
- It is intended for CoCs to customize this tool. While many objective performance metrics that tie back to the system performance measures are included, this tool will only meet your CoC’s needs if your CoC invests time and effort to customize it with objective measures that are important locally.
- This tool supports CoCs in their year-round review and ranking processes and can be adapted for use in broader system planning.
- Your CoC could benefit from reviewing the tool to determine if its existing tool or process could be improved, even if your CoC chooses not to adopt this tool as part of its review and ranking process.
Version Information: The latest version of the Rating and Ranking Tool posted on the HUD Exchange includes an Update Tool option to automate the data migration process from the old version to the new version and includes other updates and fixes (see Appendix A of the CoC Program Rating and Ranking Tool Instructions for a list of changes).
Questions and feedback are welcome via the HUD Exchange Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. On Step 2 of the question submission process, select “CoC” from the “My question is related to” drop down list. You can also submit questions if your CoC encounters problems using the tool or has questions about updates.
SNAPS Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s SNAPS news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through the HUD Exchange