Materials Posted: Understanding HOME-ARP Preferences, Referral Methods, & Allocation Plan Requirements Webinar – May 17, 2022
Update: Materials have been posted on the Understanding HOME-ARP Preferences, Referral Methods, and Allocation Plan Requirements Webinar page.
On May 17, 2022 HUD's Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) conducted a webinar to review the HOME Investment Partnerships American Rescue Plan Program (HOME-ARP) requirements related to establishing preferences, referral methods, and allocation plan requirements. CPD Notice 21-10: Requirements for the HOME-ARP Program establishes requirements for implementing preferences, limitations, and referral methods for HOME-ARP programs, as well as the required elements of a HOME-ARP allocation plan.
This webinar familiarized HOME Participating Jurisdictions (PJs) and other program partners (Continuum of Care (CoC) Programs, homeless service providers, local housing providers, and public housing agencies) with requirements, as well as reviewed the requirements for allocation plans and provided tips on developing complete and compliant plans. OAHP also introduced an updated Sample Allocation Plan Template designed to clarify requirements and provides useful tips and walks through new explanatory guidance on preferences, limitations, and referral methods.
Participants were able to learn about:
- Establishing preferences or limitations among the HOME-ARP qualifying populations
- Permissible client referral methods and how they are affected by the use of preferences
- Avoiding pitfalls related to consultation, public participation, and the content of their allocation plans
Who Should Attend?
This webinar was designed for HOME PJs preparing to administer an allocation of HOME-ARP, CoC partners, homeless service providers, local housing providers, and public housing agencies.
Training Point of Contact
HOME-ARP Team | HOMEARP@hud.gov
HUD and TA Provider staff are available to answer your HOME-ARP questions:
- Ask A Question (AAQ) Portal – be sure to select the appropriate topic on Step 2 of the form:
- HOME-ARP Allocation Plans for questions about completing allocation plans
- eCon Planning Suite for questions about submitting allocation plans
- IDIS for questions related to IDIS technical issues
- Contact the HOME-ARP Team for other HOME-ARP policy or program implementation questions
Stay Up To Date on HOME-ARP
HOME-ARP resources, tools, and training will continue to be posted on the HUD Exchange as they become available.