Additional Spots Available: Understanding HOME-ARP Preferences, Referral Methods, & Allocation Plan Requirements Webinar – May 17, 2022 – 2:00 PM EDT
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) provides $5 billion through the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) to the 651 State and local Participating Jurisdictions (PJs) that qualified for FY 2021 HOME funds. PJs must use the funding to make targeted, strategic investments in housing and other assistance for people experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of homelessness, and other vulnerable populations.
HUD's Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) is conducting a webinar on May 17, 2022 from 2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT to review the HOME-ARP requirements related to establishing preferences, referral methods, and allocation plan requirements. OAHP will introduce an updated sample allocation plan template designed to clarify requirements and provide useful tips and walk through new explanatory guidance on preferences, limitations, and referral methods.
Participants will learn:
- The requirements in Notice CPD-21-10 for establishing preferences or limitations among the HOME-ARP qualifying populations and the required elements of a HOME-ARP allocation plan
- Permissible client referral methods and how they are affected by the use of preferences to address unmet needs or gaps in benefits and services experienced by the qualifying populations
- How to avoid pitfalls related to consultation, public participation, and the content of their allocation plans
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for HOME PJs preparing to administer an allocation of HOME-ARP, Continuum of Care (CoC) partners, homeless service providers, local housing providers, and public housing agencies.
Training Point of Contact
HOME-ARP Team | HOMEARP@hud.gov
HUD and TA Provider staff are available to answer your HOME-ARP questions:
- Ask A Question (AAQ) Portal – be sure to select the appropriate topic on Step 2 of the form:
- HOME-ARP Allocation Plans for questions about completing allocation plans
- eCon Planning Suite for questions about submitting allocation plans
- IDIS for questions related to IDIS technical issues
- Contact the HOME-ARP Team for other HOME-ARP policy or program implementation questions
Stay Up To Date on HOME-ARP
HOME-ARP resources, tools, and training will continue to be posted on the HUD Exchange as they become available.