Rural Gateway Peer-to-Peer Conference Call: The Economic Impact of COVID-19 on America's Rural and Underserved Communities: A Listening Session for Local Leaders - April 22, 2020 - 2 PM EDT
Join HUD's Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development (ORHED) as we engage rural community leaders in this open forum on the economic impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on America’s rural and underserved communities.
This Peer-to-Peer conference call will offer leaders of rural local/regional/national nonprofits, Indian tribes, state and local governments, colleges/universities, and the private sector an opportunity to share their community-based challenges regarding COVID-19. Participants will also have an opportunity to understand issues of their peers in rural and underserved communities in the Lower Mississippi Delta Region, Appalachia’s Distressed Counties, Colonias, and federally recognized Indian Tribes. The 60-minute call will serve as a listening session and a Q&A session.
- Jackie L. Williams, Ph.D., Moderator, Director, Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development, Office of Community Planning and Development, HUD
- John Gibbs, Acting Assistant Secretary, Office of Community Planning and Development, HUD
- Mark Sanborn, Acting General Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Community Planning and Development, HUD
Please RSVP by email to email@example.com no later than close of business on April 20, 2020. Please include your name and organization.
Call-in instructions and additional materials will be emailed to participants on April 21, 2020. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-RURAL-26 (1-877-787-2526).
More Information about the Rural Gateway Clearinghouse
The Rural Gateway is an information clearinghouse providing technical assistance, peer learning, and resource sharing to support rural housing and economic development.
One-on-One Technical Assistance
Ask your technical assistance questions: 1-877-RURAL-26.
A bilingual operator is available from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET, Monday - Friday, to answer your housing, infrastructure, and economic development questions.
Questions can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer Learning and Resource Sharing
Access funding alerts and learn more about innovative strategies.
Rural Gateway resources include:
- Mailing lists that connect you to others engaged in rural community development across the country.
- Conference calls highlight model programs and provide an opportunity to ask questions and interact with your peers.
- Federal Agency Rural Programs/Resources and Funding Opportunity links to numerous federal programs across agencies that provide grants and loans for rural communities.
- Case Studies illustrating common challenges and innovative strategies.