Rural Gateway Peer-to-Peer Web Conference: An Overview of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Rural Workforce Innovation Network - June 15, 2021 - 2 PM EDT
The Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development (ORHED) invites you to take part in our next Peer-to-Peer web conference. Scheduled for June 15, 2021, this call will offer participants the opportunity to learn about the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA's) Rural Workforce Innovation Network (RWIN).
USDA established the RWIN to create a forum for public and private partners to help increase access to workforce opportunities across rural America. This network represents governmental entities, colleges and universities, nonprofit organizations, and private businesses that are actively working to improve workforce development in their local communities.
Join ORHED in an open forum with USDA to learn about how RWIN helps rural leaders collaborate to:
- Build new partnerships
- Develop tools and resources to meet the needs of rural employers and employees
- Share and identify information on emerging trends, best practices, and workforce development resources
- Jackie L. Williams, Ph.D., Moderator, Director, Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development, Office of Community Planning and Development, HUD
- Robin J. Keegan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, Office of Community Planning and Development, HUD
- Jacki Ponti-Lazaruk, Chief Innovation Officer, Rural Development, USDA
- Kim Berry, Director, Strategic Engagement Division, Rural Development, USDA
- Kellie Kubena, Deputy Director, Innovation Center, Rural Development, USDA
- Kristen Grifka, Branch Chief, Research and Planning Branch, Innovation Center, Rural Development, USDA
- Carol Wetuski, Program Development Specialist, Research and Planning Branch, Innovation Center, Rural Development, USDA
You must pre-register at https://ems8.intellor.com?do=register&t=1&p=839341 to receive a join link, dial-in number, access code, and unique Attendee ID for the event.
If you have any questions, please call 1-877-RURAL-26 (1-877-787-2526).
More Information about the Rural Gateway Clearinghouse
The Rural Gateway is an information clearinghouse providing technical assistance, peer learning, and resource sharing to support rural housing and economic development.
One-on-One Technical Assistance
One-on-One Technical Assistance
Ask your technical assistance questions: 1-877-RURAL-26.
A bilingual operator is available from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM (Eastern Time), Monday to Friday, to answer your housing, infrastructure, and economic development questions.
Questions can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer Learning and Resource Sharing
Access funding alerts and learn more about innovative strategies.
Rural Gateway resources include:
- Mailing lists that connect you to others engaged in rural community development across the country
- Conference Calls highlight model programs and provide an opportunity to ask questions and interact with your peers
- Federal Agency Rural Programs/Resources and Funding Opportunity links to numerous federal programs across agencies that provide grants and loans for rural communities
- Case Studies illustrating common challenges and innovative strategies