Report on Best Practices for the Financial Education at Institutions of Higher Education
The Best Practices for Financial Literacy and Education at Institutions of Higher Education report from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Financial Literacy and Education Commission was developed to identify best practices for higher education institutions to teach financial literacy skills and provide useful and necessary information to assist students when making decisions related to student borrowing. The report also provides general best practices for financial education programs. Specifically, the report makes recommendations in the following areas:
- Providing clear, timely and customized information to inform student borrowing
- Effectively engaging students in financial literacy and education
- Targeting different student populations by use of national, institutional and individual Data
- Communicating importance of graduation and major on repayment of student loans
- Preparing students to meet financial obligations upon graduation
The findings are based on a review of research on the financial education field and consultations with many experts from institutions of higher education and other financial education stakeholders.
Please share this resource through appropriate channels, including websites, newsletters, and events. Read the report.