Reminder: Test LSA Data Upload Due in HDX 2.0 - Today, November 9, 2018
The primary purpose of this deadline is to make sure communities can login to the HDX 2.0, test uploading the LSA data, and identify issues that may need to be resolved prior to the November 30, 2018 official submission deadline. Potential issues could be with the vendor export, the HMIS data or data structure, or import issues into the HDX 2.0. It is ok if the status of the test upload is “rejected” by the time of this deadline. However, if this is the case, you will want to begin working with your vendor to resolve errors preventing your upload from being accepted before the official submission deadline on November 30, 2018.
- When you do the test upload, you can select Local Use Only or Official HUD Submission. If you select Official HUD Submission, it does not mean the data is submitted to the HUD LSA team for review. It just means that it has been uploaded and can be submitted to the team for review when your CoC is ready.
- You should not submit your LSA upload for review until you have resolved all warnings and believe that the upload is as complete and cleaned of data quality issues as possible.
- If you anticipate continuing to work on your submission prior to the November 30, 2018 deadline, you will want to keep your upload marked as “in progress.” The HUD LSA team will be able to see that you have an upload in the system, regardless of whether it is still marked as “in progress” or “submitted.” Simply by having that, you will have met the November 9, 2018 test upload deadline. If you have already submitted your data and need your submission switched back to “in progress,” please submit a request via this Ask A Question (AAQ) portal.
- You can find detailed information on the full LSA submission process in Sections 2 and 4 of An Introductory Guide to Submitting LSA Data for the AHAR.
- CoCs will not be penalized if they do not have an accepted upload by November 9th. Rather, by this time, CoCs should have become familiarized with the HDX 2.0 and the upload process.
As a reminder, the anticipated 2018 LSA submission cycle’s schedule is as follows:
Community resources and guidance related to the LSA are announced through the HUD Exchange mailing list and are available on the LSA Tools and Guidance homepage.
If you have questions pertaining to the LSA or HDX 2.0, please submit your questions through the AAQ portal on the HUD Exchange website. Select “HDX: Homelessness Data Exchange” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the AAQ question submission process.