Reminder: Deadline Today to Confirm 2017 AHAR Data - All Persons and Veterans
Thank you, again, for making the 2017 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress reporting cycle a success! Your data contributes to the nation’s understanding of homelessness in America and informs federal policy to prevent and end it.
The deadline for confirming your community’s final AHAR data for All Persons and Veterans is TODAY, Tuesday, December 5, 2017, at 11:59 PM PST.
The community’s Continuum of Care (CoC) Primary should go into Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) and press the “Confirm” button by the deadline. The Confirm button should be visible to all users and live for the CoC Primary. If the CoC Primary does not press “Confirm,” the data will be auto-confirmed after the deadline on December 6, 2017. The AHAR Liaison is not authorized to assess the usability status of your data unless the data are confirmed.
Confirming your data means that someone from the CoC who has a broad perspective of your community’s homeless population (e.g. CoC Primary) has reviewed and approved your community’s AHAR submission. Only the assigned CoC Primary can actively click the “Confirm” button. Clicking the confirmation button in HDX provides a final verification of each community’s data submission. The selected reviewer should assess the overall picture of homelessness depicted in the data submission to see if it matches their understanding of homelessness within the CoC. It is not necessary for this final review to inspect the details of the data, but just a summary, such as the information in the Data Summary report. If the selected reviewer would like to edit the data submission, they must contact their AHAR Liaison immediately.
As the review team conducts their final review of your data, they may contact you with final questions that are key in determining final usability.
To access the Data Summary Report, follow these instructions:
- Log into the HDX and click on the Reports tab (in the blue menu at the top of your screen).
- Click on AHAR Reports in the grey menu bar. The Data Summary Report is available separately for the All Persons data and the Veterans data.
- Using the AHAR Number and AHAR Site drop down menus at the top of your screen, select which report you would like to run.
- Finally, please click on the Data Summary Report, excel or PDF option, under the Canned Reports (on the right side of your screen). The HDX will generate the Data Summary Report and the system allows you to save a copy to your computer.
If you have any questions about the AHAR process, or have questions about the data submission requirements, you can reach out to your AHAR Data Liaison or consult the following 2017 AHAR guidance materials (links to these resources are on the HDX home page):
- Introductory Guide to the AHAR
- AHAR FAQ
- Webinar 1: Introduction to the AHAR Data Collection Process
- Webinar 2: Steps to a Successful AHAR Data Submission
- AHAR Data Mapping Instructions
- Vendor Resources
- AHAR HDX Errors Guide
If additional questions arise that are not addressed by these resources, consult your assigned AHAR Liaison, or submit them online through the Ask A Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange website. To submit a question to the HDX AAQ portal, select "HDX: Homelessness Data Exchange (including PIT, HIC, and AHAR)" from the "My question is related to" dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.