Register Now: HUD's Green Academy Training - Boston, MA - October 1-5, 2012
HUD is pleased to announce the launch of a new training series. HUD’s Green Academy is an exciting pilot initiative that will offer green building training to HUD grantees and other affordable housing organizations. Trainings will take place in various locations across the country from October 2012 - February 2013. For more information visit HUD's Green Academy webpage.
The first training in HUD's Green Academy series will be held in Boston, MA from October 1-5, 2012. To register for this training and to read the course descriptions, click on the HUD's Green Academy - Boston Registration Flyer.
You should attend HUD’s Green Academy if you are interested in learning how to:
- Make your affordable housing portfolio sustainable;
- Reduce operating expenses while preserving water and energy;
- Finance green and energy efficient improvements; and,
- Achieve healthier, safer and more efficient buildings.
The following courses are being offered through this training. You may participate in one or multiple courses:
- Introduction to Green Building for Affordable Housing (1 ½ days)
Monday, October 1, 2012, 8:30am - 4:30pm & Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 8:30am - noon
- Executive Decision Making (½ day)
Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 1:00pm - 4:30pm
- Best Practices for Green Building Operations & Maintenance (1 day)
Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Financing Green Building (1 day)
Thursday, October 4, 2012, 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Energy Performance Contracting for Small PHAs (1 day)
Friday, October 5, 2012, 8:30am - 4:30pm
All training will take place at the O'Neill Federal Building, 10 Causeway Street, Boston, MA.
Please note, there is limited space available for training. All courses are available at no cost to all eligible participants (travel costs not included). Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive confirmation.
For all questions related to the courses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.