Redesigned e-snaps Resource Page Now Available on the HUD Exchange
HUD is pleased to present a new e-snaps resource page on the HUD Exchange! Visit the page today to quickly pinpoint the resources you need to accomplish your tasks in e-snaps.
Collaborative Applicants and organizations applying for funds were key partners in the redesign of the e-snaps resource page. Through user feedback opportunities, they:
- Provided feedback on the previous e-snaps resource page and available resources
- Identified specific tasks that are particularly problematic when navigating e‑snaps
- Offered suggestions about what types of new resources would aid e-snaps users for the annual application process
In response, the redesigned e-snaps resource page offers a simpler, better experience for all users. We reorganized content to be more user-friendly and intuitive, while giving the page a fresh, engaging design. The redesigned page also features new resources, including:
- e-snaps Activities During the Annual Funding Cycle: This graphic clarifies which e-snaps tasks need to be accomplished at different points during the annual funding cycle and links directly to key resources.
- e-snaps 101 Toolkit: This toolkit contains brief, targeted resources to introduce new users to e-snaps and aid users in accessing e-snaps. You can find a checklist on getting started in e-snaps and instructions on giving staff access to the organization’s e-snaps account. There is also a resource that lays out the steps CoCs need to take when there is a change in Collaborative Applicant.
- e-snaps 201 Toolkit: This toolkit offers a video and resources aimed to help users navigate e-snaps, from login to application submission. Among the resources included in this toolkit is one that helps users resolve error messages and troubleshoot when you find yourself going down the wrong path.
We encourage you to visit the redesigned e-snaps resource page and use the new and updated resources provided.
No information is available regarding the FY 2020 CoC Program Competition funding process. Therefore, many resources directly related to the CoC Consolidated Application process (including CoC Aplication, Priority Listing, and project applications for renewal, new, YHDP renewal, CoC Planning, and UFA Costs projects) are currently unavailable.
When you need direct assistance, staff members of the Ask A Question (AAQ) portal will continue to serve you.
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues; grant awards, agreements, or amendments; or the CoC Program Competition NOFA and applications, please submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” drop down list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program Interim Rule or policy-related questions, please submit your questions to the CoC Program AAQ portal. To submit a question to the CoC Program AAQ portal, select “CoC Program” from the “My question is related to” drop down list on Step 2 of the question submission process.