Reminder: Register for Upcoming NFHTA Events
Reminder: Register Now: Mining the Data: Algorithmic Bias in Housing Related Transactions
Join the National Fair Housing Training Academy (NFHTA) and the National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) for a conversation on Algorithmic Bias in Housing Related Transactions.
Technology is often thought of as automatic, objective, and exempt to human error. However, technology is not inherently equal. Data sets and algorithms that are not representative may be biased and perpetuate discrimination.
Protected groups are often affected unfairly by this bias in the form of higher rates and fees, less favorable terms and conditions, and denial of housing opportunities. As the housing industry relies increasingly on data and tech services, fair housing policies must be applied to ensure bias-free data, processes, and services.
Panelists will engage participants in a session that will dive into:
- The basics of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)
- How tech bias plays a role in housing outcomes and transactions
- Strategies for recognizing and eliminating data and technology bias
Meet the Speakers
Director, Compliance Disability Rights Division
Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, HUD
Louisiana Fair Housing Action Center
Chief Tech Equity Officer
National Fair Housing Alliance
Relman Colfax PLLC
Founder and CEO
Register Now: Fundamentals of Fair Housing - FHAP Investigation
February 7-10, 2022 | 1:00-4:00 PM ET
The Fundamentals of Fair Housing - FHAP Investigation is designed to ensure that FHAP intake officers and investigators have a basic framework, which they can build upon to carry out their duties in a timely, efficient, professional and proficient manner.
- Be currently employed by a FHAP, with less than 3 years of experience working in fair housing
- Support investigation activities with a FHAP
- Have completed NFHTA's Basics of Fair Housing OR be familiar with the Basics of Fair Housing Learning Objectives
For a full list of upcoming Academy events, view the NFHTA Training Calendar.