Get HUD Exchange Updates: Get critical deadlines, policy changes, and upcoming trainings in your inbox.

URA Project Administration and Oversight – Knowledge Check

November 18, 2022 Print ShareThis

URA the HUD Way Collage

So, you have a HUD-funded project that’s subject to the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended (URA). Are you properly prepared to administer the project and provide oversight for compliance with URA, HUD program requirements, and possibly other federal requirements such as section 104(d) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended?

Take a look at the true or false statements below to see if you need a refresher on URA project administration and oversight.

Do you know which statements are true and which are false?

  1. The URA requires agencies to maintain adequate records of their acquisition and displacement activities for at least three years after project completion.
  2. Tracking and maintaining records on project occupancy should commence on the date of Initiations of Negotiations (ION) for the project.
  3. The URA requires federal funding agencies to review displacing agency denials of relocation appeals.
  4. The goal of project monitoring is to determine compliance, prevent or identify deficiencies, and design corrective actions to improve performance.
  5. The CPD Monitoring Handbook 6509.2 is an internal document unavailable to HUD grantees for their own use.

Check out URA the HUD Way Training Module 8: Administration and Oversight to learn how to better administer your project and provide oversight for compliance with the URA and other HUD program and federal requirements.

Launch URA the HUD Way Module 8

The URA the HUD Way Training is available 24/7 on the HUD Exchange and offers eight self-paced training modules covering URA basics and other topics. Explore all modules.

Answer Key: 1. False, 2. False, 3. False, 4. True, 5. False

Additional Resources

Tags: Acquisition and Relocation