URA the HUD Way - New Training Module Available
Not familiar with the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended (URA)?
New to administering HUD funded projects?
Want to improve your URA knowledge?
This training is for you!
The URA is a federal law which provides important protections and assistance for people affected by the acquisition, rehabilitation, or demolition of real property for federally funded projects. The URA was enacted by Congress to ensure that people whose real property is acquired, or who move as a direct result of projects receiving federal funds, are treated fairly and equitably and receive assistance in moving from the property they occupy.
*New* Module 6: Nonresidental Relocation
The URA establishes the provisions for relocation assistance to eligible persons displaced by a federally assisted project. This module addresses nonresidential relocation for businesses, farms, and nonprofit organizations.
- Identify Who Qualifies as a Displaced Business
- Recognize Initiation of Negotiations (ION) and Planning Requirements
- Understand Relocation Notice and Advisory Service Requirements
- Understand Move Options and Actual Moving and Related Expenses
- Understand Reestablishment Expenses
- Understand the Fixed Payment in Lieu Option
For additional URA information and resources, visit HUD's Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation website.