URA the HUD Way - New Training Module Available
Not familiar with the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended (URA)?
New to administering HUD funded projects?
Want to improve your URA knowledge?
This training is for you!
The URA is a federal law which provides important protections and assistance for people affected by the acquisition, rehabilitation, or demolition of real property for federally funded projects. The URA was enacted by Congress to ensure that people whose real property is acquired, or who move as a direct result of projects receiving federal funds, are treated fairly and equitably and receive assistance in moving from the property they occupy.
*New* Module 7: Temporary Relocation
Temporary relocation due to acquisition, rehabilitation, or demolition for a federally-funded project is subject to the URA.
- Identify HUD requirements for temporary relocation
- Differentiate between temporary relocation and permanent displacement
- Identify the Notice requirements
- Recognize the impact of temporary relocation on households and businesses
- Identify Agency's responsibility for providing advisory services
- Describe eligible reimbursable expenses
For additional URA information and resources, visit HUD's Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation website.