New Housing Counseling System Version Released
HUD’s Housing Counseling System (HCS) Version 188.8.131.52 was released on June 14, 2019 and includes the following interface changes:
- Data Quality Alerts (DQAs) added to the HUD-9902 display
- Grant awards will display on the Agency Profile page
- Agency profile validation added to the Agency Review Spreadsheet
These DQAs are intended to alert agency users to possible errors in 9902 reporting upon submission, or anytime that they view their HUD-9902 report in HCS.
Please note that 9902s are recorded in HCS as “Reported”, even when there are DQAs displaying.
The HCS Improvement Release V.184.108.40.206 demonstrates how the DQAs will look in HCS and on the 9902. It will also show how an agency can either ignore, accept, or fix those alerts. The DQAs will be checking for the following:
- (0) impacts entered in Section 10 Impact and Scope of One-on-One Counseling Services. Indicating the agency is not reporting any impacts.
- Total impacts entered in Section 10 total is the same as the Section 9 total for one-on-one counseling. Indicating the agency is not reporting multiple impacts.
- Total impacts entered for 10c (developing a sustainable budget) is less than Section 9 total for one-on-one counseling. Indicating the agency is not developing a budget with counseled clients, which is a counseling requirement.
- (0) impacts reported for 10e households gained access to resources to improve their housing situation. Indicating the agency is not properly reporting impacts.
- Agency’s annual budget not being reported, which is a requirement
For further reference on HUD-9902 display DQAs please read the Housing Counseling 9902 Online Toolkit.
Please refer any questions on HCS to your HUD POC or email: email@example.com.