New Public Housing Resources and Training Available
New resources and training are available on the HUD Exchange to support public housing agencies (PHAs) and their partners in developing and administering their public housing and voucher programs:
- PHA Board of Commissioners Training: This training series is designed to help board members fully understand their roles and responsibilities, both to the PHA and the residents of housing managed by the PHA.
- SEMAP Training for PHA Staff: This training provides an overview of Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) and key information to help PHAs effectively manage their Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program for SEMAP success.
- RRI Training for PHA Staff: This training helps PHA staff learn more about the Rate Reduction Incentive (RRI).
- HCV Overview Video Series: This series provides PHA and HUD staff with a brief introduction to some of the main topics related to utilization in the HCV program, with a particular emphasis on HCV utilization tools available to PHAs.
- ACOP Toolkit: The materials in this toolkit are designed to support PHAs and their staff in developing, revising, and implementing Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) policies for the Public Housing Program.
- PHA Implementation of a Successful Preventative Maintenance Plan: This training provided PHAs with an overview of preventative maintenence planning and its importance.
- FYI Initiative Webinar Series: This five-part webinar series provides guidance on starting and administering a Foster Youth to Independence (FYI) voucher program.