New ESG Eligible Activities and Program Components Virtual Binders Now Available
ESG Eligible Activities Virtual Binder
This Virtual Binder describes what eligible costs and activities can be funded with HUD Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program funds. The Virtual Binder is organized according to which program component they fall under, including Street Outreach, Emergency Shelter, Rapid Re-Housing (RRH), Homelessness Prevention, Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), and administrative activities. The Virtual Binder breaks down:
- What activities are eligible under the program component
- What persons are eligible to administer the activities
- Links to detailed guidance and related resources
ESG Program Components Virtual Binder
This Virtual Binder provides an introduction to the general provisions under each program component including the following:
- Eligible grantees and program participants
- Types and corresponding requirements for the services provided
- Eligible costs
Answers to commonly held questions, tips, and quizzes to test your knowledge are also included in the Eligible Activities and Program Components Virtual Binders.
What Are Virtual Binders?
The Virtual Binders are comprehensive, online training resources that make key information easily available to CoC- and ESG-funded program staff. Each Virtual Binder reflects a range of learning styles and offers a variety of ways to interact with the topics.
The Virtual Binders assist CoC and ESG recipients and subrecipients:
- Understand program regulations and requirements
- Position themselves to operate programs in full compliance of the CoC Interim Rule and the ESG Interim Rule
- Orient and train staff
Note: These resources are prepared by technical assistance providers and intended only to provide clarity to CoC and ESG grantees regarding existing requirements under the law or agency policies.
Who Should Use the Virtual Binders?
The following audiences may want to use the Virtual Binders:
- New staff: If you are a new recipient, new subrecipient, or new staff looking for an overview on a variety of topics, these binders are for you!
- Seasoned staff who need a refresher on program content: If you are looking for specific resources or programmatic information, check out the Virtual Binders Search page.
- Program directors, case managers, and agency finance staff: If you are looking for guidance on eligible activities or eligible populations, you will find all the Virtual Binder topics helpful.
Ten binders are available with this initial launch:
- CoC Eligible Activities
- CoC and ESG Environmental Review
- CoC and ESG Financial Management
- CoC Grant Administration
- CoC and ESG Homeless Eligibility
- CoC Leasing and Rental Assistance
- CoC Match Requirements
- CoC Program Components
- CoC Rent Calculation
- CoC UFA Requirements
- CoC and ESG Additional Requirements
The Virtual Binders will be regularly updated and incorporate new resources over time. Additional binders on topics such as financial management, ESG eligibility, and ESG program components are under development.
“At A Glance” Documents
There are also 26 At A Glance documents that provide concise guidance on key CoC Interim Rule topics. At A Glance documents are designed to be printed or shared as standalone tools to address specific questions and concerns.