New CoC and ESG Financial Management Virtual Binder Now Available
Financial Management Virtual Binder
The new Continuum of Care (CoC) and Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Financial Management Virtual Binder is now available on the HUD Exchange. This binder provides a comprehensive overview of HUD's financial management guidance for the CoC and ESG program. Recipient and subrecipient staff are encouraged to review this binder to ensure that appropriate internal structures and policies are in place to manage federal funds. Included in this binder:
- Guidance that recipient and subrecipient staff can reference to ensure full compliance with CoC and ESG Interim Rules
- Overview of elements necessary for adequate financial practices
- Financial management training materials and tools
- Answers to commonly held questions regarding the financial management of federal funds
What Are Virtual Binders?
The Virtual Binders are comprehensive, online training resources that make key information easily available to CoC- and ESG-funded program staff. Each Virtual Binder reflects a range of learning styles and offers a variety of ways to interact with the topics.
The Virtual Binders assist CoC and ESG recipients and subrecipients:
- Understand program regulations and requirements
- Position themselves to operate programs in full compliance of the CoC Interim Rule and the ESG Interim Rule
- Orient and train staff
Note: These resources are prepared by technical assistance providers and intended only to provide clarity to CoC and ESG grantees regarding existing requirements under the law or agency policies.
Who Should Use the Virtual Binders?
The following audiences may want to use the Virtual Binders:
- New staff: If you are a new recipient, new subrecipient, or new staff looking for an overview on a variety of topics, these binders are for you!
- Seasoned staff who need a refresher on program content: If you are looking for specific resources or programmatic information, check out the Virtual Binders Search page.
- Program directors, case managers, and agency finance staff: If you are looking for guidance on eligible activities or eligible populations, you will find all the Virtual Binder topics helpful.
Ten binders are available with this initial launch:
- CoC Eligible Activities
- CoC and ESG Environmental Review
- CoC and ESG Financial Management
- CoC Grant Administration
- CoC and ESG Homeless Eligibility
- CoC Leasing and Rental Assistance
- CoC Match Requirements
- CoC Program Components
- CoC Rent Calculation
- CoC UFA Requirements
- CoC and ESG Additional Requirements
The Virtual Binders will be regularly updated and incorporate new resources over time. Additional binders on topics such as financial management, ESG eligibility, and ESG program components are under development.
“At A Glance” Documents
There are also 26 At A Glance documents that provide concise guidance on key CoC Interim Rule topics. At A Glance documents are designed to be printed or shared as standalone tools to address specific questions and concerns.