National Preparedness Month – Week 1: Make a Plan
September is National Preparedness Month. Its purpose is to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that could happen at any time. This year’s National Preparedness Campaign theme is "A Lasting Legacy: The life you’ve built is worth protecting." Prepare for disasters to create a legacy for you and your family.
Throughout the month of September, the HUD Exchange will send out weekly messages across the following themes:
- Week 1: Make a Plan
- Week 2: Build a Kit
- Week 3: Prepare for Disasters
- Week 4: Teach Youth about Preparedness
Week 1: Make a Plan
- What is your shelter plan?
- What is your evacuation route?
- What is your family/household communication plan?
- Do you need to update your emergency preparedness kit?
Additional information about Making a Plan can be found at www.ready.gov/plan.
Be sure to check for the Week 2 message next week!