Materials Posted: MAP Guide Briefing Webinar Series
Update: Materials for each webinar in the MAP Guide Briefing Webinar Series are now posted at the links below.
On January 8, 2021 HUD announced the availability of the new Multifamily Accelerated Processing Guide 2020 (MAP Guide). The new MAP Guide establishes a national standard of practice and procedure for approved lenders to prepare, underwrite, and submit loan applications for Federal Housing Administration (FHA) multifamily mortgage insurance.
The MAP Guide provides guidance for HUD staff, lenders, third party consultants, borrowers, and other industry participants. HUD hosted a series of webinars to discuss the MAP Guide, which highlighted changes from the 2016 version.
- Webinar 1 focused on Chapter 2: Lender Qualifications and Practices paired with Chapter 15: Oversight of MAP Program Requirements; Chapter 3: a general summary of program requirements; Chapter 5: Architectural and Construction Analysis paired with Chapter 12: Construction Period; and Chapter 6: Energy and Water Conservation.
- Webinar 2 focused briefly on Chapter 7: Valuation and Market Analysis; Chapter 8: Mortgage Credit; with more extended coverage of Chapter 9: Environmental Review and Requirements.
- Webinar 3 focused on Chapter 14: LIHTC and Other Tax Credit Programs; Chapter 19: Closing Guide; and other key issues gathered from remaining chapters.
- Webinar 4 focused on Chapter 9: Environmental Review and Requirements, with emphasis on radon gas detection, testing, and remediation in multifamily properties proposed for mortgage insurance.
- Webinar 5 focused on Chapter 9: Environmental Review and Requirements, with emphasis on delegation to FHA Lenders to initiate Section 106 Consultation with State Historic Preservation Officers (SHPOs) under certain circumstances.
The format for each webinar included an hour-long initial presentation followed by 30 minutes of Q&A.
The briefing webinars taught HUD-approved Multifamily Housing lenders and their due diligence consultants to:
- Describe the key policy changes made in the 2020 MAP Guide
- Apply these changes to preparation of applications for HUD insured multifamily mortgages
Who Should Attend?
This webinar series was intended for those engaged in preparing, processing, and submitting applications for HUD multifamily mortgage insurance.
Schedule and Registration
|Webinar||Date and Time||Registration|
|Webinar 1 – Focusing on MAP Guide Chapters 2 and 15, 3, 5 and 12, 6||January 21, 2021
2:00 – 3:30 PM EST
|Webinar 2 – Focusing on MAP Guide Chapters 7, 8, 9||January 26, 2021
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM EST
|Webinar 3 – Focusing on MAP Guide Chapters 14, 19, Other Key Points||February 2, 2021
1:00 – 2:30 PM EST
|Webinar 4 – Focusing on MAP Guide Chapter 9, Radon||March 9, 2021
2:00 – 3:30 PM EST
|Webinar 5 – Focusing on MAP Guide Chapter 9, Section 106||March 17, 2021
2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT
Training Point of Contact
MAP Guide Briefings Registrar | email@example.com