Income Eligibility Calculator Now Available for ESG
The CPD Income Eligibility Calculator has been expanded to include the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program.
What is the Income Eligibility Calculator?
The Income Eligibility Calculator is an interactive tool that automates calculation of an individual’s or family’s income, for determining eligibility for HUD programs.
How Does the Income Eligibility Calculator Work?
The calculator asks a series of questions, depending on the program (e.g. ESG, CDBG, etc.), activities, and other inputs. The user enters information about the program applicant while the calculator generates a summary of results for each applicant. The user then saves or prints the summary sheets to include in the beneficiary's file.
To help ensure the privacy of applicants, you input a Beneficiary ID and Member IDs instead of the last and first names of family or household members. No personal information is intended to be used in the calculator, including, but not limited to, names, social security numbers, or addresses.
What Do I Need to Do Before Using the Income Eligibility Calculator?
Before getting started:
- Have available any previous income determinations completed for the applicant and documentation of income for all members of the family or household.
- Allow at least 15 minutes to complete each applicant’s calculation summary. The calculator will allow you to save and return to calculations you have started.
Go to the CPD Income Eligibility Calculator page to get started.
Important Note: While the calculator assists with income eligibility determination — which is only part of the eligibility determination for ESG — it does not replace the need for recipients and subrecipients to collect, verify, and file all appropriate documentation and to follow local policies and procedures.
What HUD Programs are Covered by the Income Eligibility Calculator?
The calculator currently performs income eligibility and assistance amount calculations for the following HUD programs:
- Brownfield Economic Development Initiative (BEDI)
- Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
- CDBG Disaster Recovery Assistance
- Emergency Solutions Grants Program (ESG)
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program
- Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity (SHOP)
For questions and additional guidance regarding the Income Eligibility Calculator, please view the CPD Income Eligibility Calculation User Manual. If you have a question that is not answered by the user manual, please submit a request to the HUD Exchange Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. On Step 2 of the question submission process, select the related program under “My question is related to.”