Hurricane Information and Resources for HUD Grantees, Partners, and Residents
To assist with hurricane disaster response and relief efforts, HUD.gov and the HUD Exchange have added new pages to highlight important news, updates, and resources. Each page contains important links and information to aid residents affected by recent hurricanes. The pages also provide information for HUD's partners, including pertinent information from HUD, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), the Small Business Administration (SBA), and the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has issued Major Disaster Declarations and Emergency Declarations for areas impacted by recent hurricanes. View the declarations on FEMA's website.
HUD and Federal Partner Press Releases
- September 18, 2017 - HUD Announces Disaster Assistance for Georgia Storm Victims
- September 18, 2017 - HUD Announces Disaster Assistance for U.S. Virgin Islands Storm Victims
- September 13, 2017 - HUD Announces Disaster Assistance for Florida Storm Victims
- September 11, 2017 - HUD Announces Disaster Assistance for Puerto Rico Storm Victims
- September 5, 2017 - Survivor Housing a Priority for the Federal and State Recovery Effort after Hurricane Harvey
- August 30, 2017 - Ginnie Mae Extends Assistance to Harvey-Impacted Issuers
- August 28, 2017 - HUD Announces Disaster Assistance for Victims of Hurricane Harvey
- August 28, 2017 - HHS Establishing Medical Shelter to Aid Those Affected by Hurricane Harvey
Resources for HUD Grantees and Partners
- HUD Disaster Resources
- Office of Housing Counseling Hurricane Resources Page
- CDBG-DR Toolkit
- Disaster Recovery Homelessness Toolkit
- Housing Counseling Disaster Recovery and Emergency Preparedness Toolkit
Resources for Individuals and Business Owners
Individuals and business owners who sustained losses in designated areas can begin applying for assistance by registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Disaster assistance applicants, who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7:00AM to 10:00PM (local time) seven days a week until further notice.