HUD Updates eCon Planning Suite Data
The data used to populate Consolidated Plans in IDIS and displayed in CPD Maps has been updated as follows:
- 2006-2010 ACS updated to 2007-2011 ACS
- 2006-2010 CHAS updated to 2007-2011 CHAS
- 2010 Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics data has been updated to 2011 Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics
Data will not be automatically updated in existing plans in IDIS. Grantees wishing to update data in existing plans may do so by following the steps below. All other data (narratives, etc.) in these plans will remain the same.
- Open the AD-25 – Administration screen on the plan to be updated and note the Start Year and Version name
- Click “Copy” under “Consolidated Plan” in the menu bar on the left of the “Plans/Projects/Activities” screen
- Note that only users with “Create/Edit/Submit” privileges in IDIS can copy plans in IDIS
- Enter the Start Year and Version of the Plan to be updated
- Use the same Start Year, End Year and a new Version name for the updated plan (note: the Version name cannot be changed once a plan is created)
- Select “N/A” from the drop box next to “If Amendment”
- Click “Copy”
- This will copy all existing content in your plan, but update all default data in pre-populated tables
- It is recommended to change the name of the plan with outdated data in it to indicate that it is not current and should not be used
Instructions for copying a plan can also be found in the Consolidated Plan in IDIS Desk Guide.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE: A defect in CPD Maps is interfering with the “Reports” and “Print” widgets, causing them not to function. Until this issue is resolved, users will be unable to download excel reports from the “Reports” widget or print maps using the “Print” widget. IDIS users will also be unable to import maps into IDIS from CPD Maps as a result of this problem. In the meantime, the users can upload map images as JPEG files into IDIS by following the procedure below:
- Once you have created a map you would like to upload, take a screenshot with the map on the computer screen by pressing the “Print Screen” button (in the upper right corner of most PC keyboards)
- Open a blank, Word or other word processing document and use the “Paste” function (Ctrl+V) to paste the image into the document.
- Crop the image if necessary (this can be done from the “Picture Tools” ribbon menu that appears in Microsoft Word after clicking on the image)
- Right click on the image to be uploaded and click “Save as Picture”
- Give the file a name, chose “JPEG File Interchange Format” from the “Save as type” dropdown menu, and click “Save”
- Go to the point in the Consolidated Plan IDIS template where you would like to insert your map, and use the “Add JPEG” button to upload your map image file
We apologize for the inconvenience, and we are working to resolve this issue as soon as we can.