HUD Issues CPD Memo on June 30, 2021: Availability of Additional Waivers for CPD Grant Programs to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts
On June 30, 2021, HUD issued a memorandum explaining the availability of waivers of certain regulatory requirements associated with several Community Planning and Development (CPD) grant programs to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to facilitate assistance to eligible communities and households economically impacted by COVID-19. This memorandum covers program-specific waivers for the following CPD programs, including for grants that have not yet been awarded (e.g., funds awarded under the FY 2021 Appropriations Act):
- Continuum of Care (CoC)
- Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
- Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)
This memorandum also announces a simplified notification process for recipients of these programs to use this waiver flexibility to expedite the delivery of assistance. CPD Field Office Directors, Deputy Directors, and Program Managers are instructed to inform CPD recipients operating within their jurisdictions of the content of this memorandum.
Visit the Disease Risks and Homelessness page on the HUD Exchange for a full list of resources related to COVID-19 infectious disease prevention and response for homeless providers.
SNAPS and HOPWA Mailing List Subscription
SNAPS and HOPWA are now using different listservs to communicate competition and program updates:
- Subscribe to the HUD.gov SNAPS listserv for information developed by HUD/SNAPS regarding the CoC program, ESG program, YHDP, Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFOs) developed by SNAPS, and any other information related to SNAPS programs and the work to end homelessness.
- Subscribe to the HUD.gov HOPWA listserv for information developed by HUD/Office of HIV/AIDS Housing.
- Subscribe to the HUD Exchange listserv for information and guidance produced by HUD technical assistance providers.
SNAPS and HOPWA grantees and interested stakeholders should consider subscribing both to the HUD Exchange mailing list and HUD.gov mailing lists. Please communicate this information to your homeless organizations, local government contacts, and other interested stakeholders.