HUD Issues CPD Memo: Availability of Additional Waivers for CPD Grant Programs to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts (December 30, 2021)
On December 30, 2021, HUD issued a memorandum explaining the availability of waivers of certain regulatory requirements associated with several Community Planning and Development (CPD) grant programs to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to facilitate assistance to eligible communities and households economically impacted by COVID-19. This memorandum covers program-specific waivers for the following CPD programs, including for grants that have not yet been awarded (e.g., funds awarded under the FY 2021 Appropriations Act):
- Continuum of Care (CoC)
- Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
- Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program
- Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)
This memorandum also announces a simplified notification process for recipients of these programs to use this waiver flexibility to expedite the delivery of assistance. CPD Field Office Directors, Deputy Directors, and Program Managers are instructed to inform CPD recipients operating within their jurisdictions of the content of this memorandum.
Visit the Disease Risks and Homelessness page on the HUD Exchange for a full list of resources related to COVID-19 infectious disease prevention and response for homeless providers.
SNAPS and OHH Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) and Office of HIV/AIDS and Housing (OHH) news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for OHH Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through HUD Exchange