HUD's OHC Launches New HUD Certified Housing Counselor Knowledge Assessment Tool
To further assist counselors in preparing for the HUD Housing Counselor certification exam, the HUD Office of Housing Counseling (OHC) has launched a new, free HUD Certified Housing Counselor Knowledge Assessment Tool located on the HUD Housing Counselor training and testing website.
The Knowledge Assessment Tool does not replace or replicate the existing practice exam in style, format, or length, but does:
- Provide candidates with more detailed feedback
- Offer insight into the rationale behind correct and incorrect answers
- Recommend topics for further study
- Link questions to training content
- Help candidates identify areas of strength and weakness for continued study
The new Knowledge Assessment Tool is also available in Spanish.
Housing Counselors have until August 1, 2020 to complete the exam and become certified by HUD. Help and technical assistance for test registration, payment, proctoring, and the certification examination are available through the "Support" link from the main page at: www.HUDHousingCounselors.com. Technical assistance is available by calling: 800-448-7149, Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EDT.