HUD and CDC Youth HIV/AIDS Webinar – May 4, 2022 – 3:00 PM EDT
Housing insecure youth are at an elevated risk for contracting human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Increased connection to community resources and healthcare providers can help to mitigate that risk. Strong local connections can also help ensure that housing insecure youth who are living with HIV have access to medical and other supports for optimum health outcomes.
HUD's Offices of HIV/AIDS Housing (OHH), Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS), and Housing Voucher Program (HVP), in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), are sponsoring a webinar about available HIV resources for youth who are experiencing housing instability or homelessness on May 4, 2022, at 3:00 PM EDT.
During this webinar, participants will learn about:
- Risk and protective factors for youth
- HIV prevention and care resources available through the CDC and local service providers
- Strategies on how these services and providers can be better integrated into the work of PHAs and Continuums of Care (CoCs)
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will be of particular interest to communities that were awarded or are applying for the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) and public housing agencies (PHAs) who operate a Fostering Youth to Independence (FYI) program.
Participants do not need to register in advance. It is recommended that you join 10 minutes prior to the start time (2:50 PM EDT). To join the webinar, simply access the login page at the link below.
To join by phone, please call 888-251-2949 or 215-861-0694 (access international numbers), and enter the access code, 3317967#.
If you encounter any difficulties when joining the webinar, please contact Zoom Support at 800-345-0857.
Training Point of Contact
For any questions about this webinar, please email FYI@hud.gov.
SNAPS and OHH Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s SNAPS and OHH news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for OHH Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through HUD Exchange