Register Today: HOPWA Program's Race, Gender, LGBTQ+ Equity Initiative: Pilot Project Lessons Learned and Next Steps
HUD’s Office of HIV/AIDS Housing (OHH) is sponsoring a webinar for Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) grantees, project sponsors, and community partners on March 27, 2023 from 1:00 – 2:30 PM EDT. This webinar will identify the results of the pilot communities’ initial work toward assessing and advancing equity in community planning, HOPWA system design, and program delivery.
The webinar will share how the Race, Gender, and LGBTQ+ Equity Initiative has begun to address the ways HOPWA programs can conduct a review of program activities through an equity lens, including planning, operations, client outreach, and inclusion of people with lived experience.
Webinar topics include:
- Incorporating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into program core values
- Centering people with lived experience in assessing and building equity in HOPWA programs
- Developing community equity assessment tools
- Improving data collection at intake and reporting
- Co-creating strategies, tools, and resources to improve equity in HOPWA Programs
HOPWA Mailing List Subscription
HOPWA uses two different listservs to communicate competition and program updates:
- Subscribe to the HUD.gov listserv for information developed by HUD/Office of HIV/AIDS Housing.
- Subscribe to the HUD Exchange listserv for information and guidance produced by HUD technical assistance providers regarding the HOPWA program.
HOPWA grantees and interested stakeholders should consider subscribing both to the HUD.gov mailing list and HUD Exchange mailing list.