HOPWA Income and Rent Calculation Curriculum Now Available
The HOPWA Income and Rent Calculation Curriculum is now available on the HUD Exchange. This new self-paced training module is an interactive and engaging course designed using the 24 CFR 574 regulations as a foundation for how Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) resident rents are calculated. The course includes regulatory definitions, examples, and a case study in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format. The 5 sections included in the course include:
- Annual Income: provides details about the definition of annual income and types of income that are included and excluded
- Calculating Annual Income and Calculating Income from Assets: provide details about how to accurately calculate annual income for purposes of determining HOPWA income eligibility
- Adjusted Income: provides details about the 5 mandatory income deductions used to calculate adjusted income
- Calculating Resident Rent: provides details about how to accurately calculate portions of rent
This course is ideal for any HOPWA Stakeholder including grantees, project sponsors, and HOPWA participants.
Access the new curriculum today!
HOPWA Mailing List Subscription
HOPWA uses two different listservs to communicate competition and program updates:
- Subscribe to the HUD.gov listserv for information developed by HUD/Office of HIV/AIDS Housing.
- Subscribe to the HUD Exchange listserv for information and guidance produced by HUD technical assistance providers regarding the HOPWA program.
HOPWA grantees and interested stakeholders should consider subscribing both to the HUD.gov mailing list and HUD Exchange mailing list.