Register Today: HOPWA: Expedited Regulatory Waivers Webinar – June 30, 2022 – 12:30 PM EDT
A Notice was issued by HUD on June 15, 2022, that allows HUD recipients, including Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) grantees, to apply for certain regulatory waivers through an expedited process. The purpose of the expedited waivers is to facilitate assistance to HOPWA-eligible households economically impacted by COVID-19 and to help prevent the spread of the virus.
HOPWA grantees will be able to request waivers for a number of program requirements, including Time Limits for Short-Term Housing Facilities and Short-Term Rent, Mortgage, and Utility (STRMU), HOPWA Space and Security, and Self-Certification of Income and Credible Information on HIV Status. Additionally, the Notice provides new and continued operational flexibility that may be utilized by HOPWA programs to deliver virtual Housing Quality Inspections without a waiver request.
HUD’s Office of HIV/AIDS Housing (OHH), along with HOPWA technical assistance providers, will sponsor an informational webinar on June 30, 2022, from 12:30 – 2:00 PM EDT to provide in-depth information on the provisions of the waiver notice.
During the webinar, presenters will:
- Explain the process and content required for grantees to make expedited requests
- Cover each type of waiver and how they can be utilized
- Provide information on how grantees may be able to continue to use the flexibility of virtual Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections
Webinar Point of Contact
If you have any questions or issues, please email Valencia Moss at email@example.com.
HOPWA Mailing List Subscription
HOPWA uses two different listservs to communicate competition and program updates:
- Subscribe to the HUD.gov listserv for information developed by HUD/Office of HIV/AIDS Housing.
- Subscribe to the HUD Exchange listserv for information and guidance produced by HUD technical assistance providers regarding the HOPWA program.
HOPWA grantees and interested stakeholders should consider subscribing both to the HUD.gov mailing list and HUD Exchange mailing list.