HOME-ARP URA and Section 104(d) Policy Brief Now Available
This HUD policy brief discusses HOME Investment Partnerships American Rescue Plan Program (HOME-ARP) funding requirements as it relates to:
- Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended (URA)
- Section 104(d) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended (section 104(d))
- Section 104(d) one-for-one replacement housing waiver
- HOME Program regulations at 24 CFR 92.353
- Additional HOME-ARP relocation requirements
- Persons ineligible for URA, section 104(d), HOME, or HOME-ARP assistance
- Recordkeeping and confidentiality
HOME-ARP funds are subject to the URA, section 104(d), and the HOME Program's displacement, relocation, and acquisition regulatory requirements at 24 CFR 92.353.
Additional HOME-ARP program relocation-related requirements are outlined in Notice CPD-21-10: Requirements for the Use of Funds in the HOME-ARP Program and its Appendix, Waivers and Alternative Requirements for Implementation of the HOME-ARP Program (collectively referred to as the "Notice").
Additional URA and section 104(d) policy and guidance are available in HUD Handbook 1378 and on the Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation page on HUD.gov. Additional training and resources can be found on the Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation page on the HUD Exchange.
For additional HOME-ARP training and resources visit the HOME-ARP page on the HUD Exchange.
Participating Jurisdictions (PJs) are encouraged to consult with their CPD Regional Relocation Specialist for technical assistance requests and questions regarding the provisions of this section of the HOME-ARP Notice.