Revised FY 2022 GIWs for CoCs with Consolidated or Expanded Grants
On June 24, 2022, the availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Grant Inventory Worksheets (GIWs) was announced. The GIWs posted to HUD.gov on June 24, 2022, did not capture the correct budget line item (BLI) and unit configuration information for the grants that were consolidated or expanded during the FY 2021 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition.
On July 13, 2022, HUD's Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) published revised GIWs with corrected BLI and unit configuration data for CoC Program grants that consolidated or expanded during the FY 2021 CoC Program Competition. GIWs for CoCs that do not include grants expanded or consolidated during the FY 2021 CoC Program Competition were not revised.
Revised GIWs are posted on the CoC Program Competitions HUD.gov webpage.
CoCs now have until July 19, 2022, to provide GIW Change Forms to field offices. If the revised GIW correctly captures the consolidated or expanded grant information, only submit the GIW Change form if additional corrections are needed.
Collaborative Applicants and renewal project applicants should review the information on the reposted GIWs to ensure all eligible CoC Program-funded projects are listed on the appropriate CoC’s GIW. Please note:
- CoC-designated Collaborative Applicants should ensure all projects eligible for renewal in the FY 2022 CoC Program Competition are included and accurately captured on the posted GIW. GIW Change Forms must only be sent to field offices by Collaborative Applicants and should include all changes that need to be made to the reposted GIW
- GIW and GIW Change Form instructions for CoCs, Collaborative Applicants, and Project Applicants are posted on the CoC Program Competitions page on HUD.gov
- Projects eligible for renewal are those that have an expiration date in Calendar Year 2023 (between January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023)
- If a project is missing, should be removed, or has information that needs to be updated (e.g., recipient changed, grant agreement amendment), the Collaborative Applicant must complete a GIW Change Form and submit it to the local HUD field office for review
SNAPS will process approved GIW Change Forms received from field offices, update the GIWs, and repost only those GIWs on the HUD.gov CoC Program Competition page. Any GIW, for which an approved GIW Change Form is submitted, will be replaced with the revised version including the revision date.
SNAPS Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s SNAPS news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through the HUD Exchange