FY 2022 CoC Program Competition – Applications Due on September 30, 2022
The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition and Noncompetitive Award of Youth Homeless Demonstration Program (YHDP) Renewal and Replacement Grants has been posted on Grants.gov and will soon be available on the Funding Opportunities page. Additional resources will be available on the HUD.gov CoC Program Competition page and the HUD Exchange e-snaps Resources page.
The CoC Application, CoC Priority Listing, and Project Applications should be available in e-snaps within the next two weeks. Collaborative Applicants and project applicants will be able to access the applications to review, update, and enter the required information for the application process. Applications are due by Friday, September 30, 2022, at 8:00 PM EDT.
- The CoC Consolidated Application consists of two parts—CoC Application and CoC Priority Listing, which includes all project applications submitted to HUD. Each part is a separate submission in e-snaps. Collaborative Applicants must submit both parts of the CoC Consolidated Application by the application submission deadline for HUD to consider the CoC Consolidated Application to be complete.
- The CoC Priority Listing consists of six separate Project Listings; however, only the New and Renewal Project Listings require unique rank numbers. The remaining four Project Listings only require Collaborative Applicants to accept or reject the individual project applications that project applicants submit in e-snaps to the CoC Collaborative Applicant.
- The CoC Competition Report and instructions on how to access the report, which includes data reported in the Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) is available for use by Collaborative Applicants to complete portions of the FY 2022 CoC Application.
- Renewal project applications are established in e-snaps two different ways, depending on whether the previous project application was a renewal project application or a new project application.
- If a project’s application was submitted at least one time already using a renewal project application, the returning project applicant may choose to import the previous renewal project application responses. This must be done during the registration of the Renewal Funding Opportunity in e-snaps and is only available if a project application was submitted in the FY 2021 CoC Program Competition. Imported responses must be carefully reviewed to ensure accuracy.
- Projects renewing for the first time (in other words, the most recent application was submitted as a new project application and not as a renewal project application) cannot import the previous application’s responses, but instead must complete the entire renewal project application.
- New project applications must be completed in full and in accordance with the new project application components permitted in this year’s Competition. Review the NOFO carefully to determine which types of projects and costs are eligible.
- YHDP renewal and YHDP replacement project applications must be completed in full and in accordance with the YHDP renewal and YHDP replacement project application processes outlined in the NOFO.
- CoC planning and Unified Funding Agency (UFA) Costs applications will only be reviewed if submitted by the CoC’s designated Collaborative Applicant identified in the CoC Applicant Profile in e-snaps.
- Dedicated Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) projects—renewal and new—can only be submitted by the CoC’s designated HMIS Lead as identified in the CoC Applicant Profile in e-snaps.
Resources are available on the HUD Exchange e-snaps Resources page, including:
- FY 2022 CoC Estimated Annual Renewal Demand (ARD) Reports
- Detailed Instructions for:
- CoC Application
- CoC Priority Listing
- Project Applications – all types
- Navigational Guides for:
- Accessing the Project Application
- New Project Application
- Renewal Project Application
- UFA Costs Project Application
- Planning Costs Project Application
- CoC Priority Listing
The e-snaps Resources page will be updated as existing resources are revised in response to the NOFO’s publication and as additional guidance documents are published.
Questions about the CoC Program must be submitted to the appropriate HUD.gov email address, as follows:
- For questions about the FY 2022 CoC Program Competition process, please email CoCNOFO@hud.gov.
- For questions about e-snaps functionality (e.g., password lockout, access to user’s application account, updating Applicant Profile), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the Special NOFO published as a separate funding opportunity, please email SpecialCoCNOFO@hud.gov.
Questions about policy and program implementation should continue to be submitted to the HUD Exchange Ask A Question (AAQ) help desk. On Step 2 of the question submission process, select “CoC Program” from the “My question is related to” drop down list.
SNAPS Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s SNAPS news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through the HUD Exchange