FY 2018 CoC Program Registration Announcements and GIW Reports
Beginning with the FY 2018 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition, HUD is changing the process for Collaborative Applicants to register CoCs for CoC Program Competitions. Instead of a single Registration Notice encompassing all parts of the registration process, HUD is issuing three separate standing notices that remain effective until they are amended, superseded, or rescinded:
- CoC Program Registration Notice (basic registration)
- CoC Program Unified Funding Agency (UFA) Notice
- CoC Program High Performing Community (HPC) Notice
The Registration Notices and other competition updates are available on the HUD Exchange through the FY 2018 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition: Funding Availability page.
Registration is Open
The FY 2018 CoC Program Registration forms are now available in e-snaps with a submission deadline of 5:00 PM EDT on May 14, 2018.
- Collaborative Applicants for CoCs that have changes from the FY 2017 CoC Program Competition (e.g., change in Collaborative Applicant, CoCs merged, change in geographic codes) must complete the registration forms to gain access to the Consolidated Application in the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition that includes the CoC Application, the CoC Priority Listing, and project applications. If a CoC has no changes from the previous year’s CoC Program Competition and the Collaborative Applicant chooses not to complete the registration forms, HUD will move the previous year’s CoC Program Registration information forward with no changes (see Section I of the Notice CPD 18-03: CoC Program Registration Notice).
- Any Collaborative Applicant with an existing FY 2017 Unified Funding Agency (UFA) designation must update, complete, and attach required documentation as required in Notice CPD 18-05: Unified Funding Agency because a UFA designation request must be submitted each year. If a Collaborative Applicant with an existing UFA designation does not complete and submit the FY 2018 CoC Program Registration forms it will lose its UFA designation for FY 2018.
- Any Collaborative Applicant that intend to apply for UFA designation and/or HPC designation must complete all forms, attach required documentation as required in Notice CPD 18-05: Unified Funding Agency and/or Notice CPD 18-06: Applying to become a High Performing Community and submit its registration by FY 2018 CoC Program Registration submission deadline of May 14, 2018 at 5:00 PM EDT.
Notes about Registration
- Collaborative Applicants must complete the FY 2018 CoC Program Registration via the web-based portal, e-snaps.
- HUD strongly encourages Collaborative Applicants to access and use the FY 2018 CoC Program Registration Detailed Instructions and Navigational Guide that HUD will post to the HUD Exchange the week of April 30, 2018. Instructional and navigational documents can be accessed from the e-snaps landing page on the HUD Exchange.
- HUD made few changes to the UFA section of the registration forms from the FY 2017 CoC Program Registration process that require responses from all Collaborative Aplicants applying for UFA designation, both existing UFA desginees and new requests.
Important Registration Dates
- April 30, 2018 at 9:00 AM EDT: CoC Program Registration is available.
- May 14, 2018 at 5:00 PM EDT: Registration submission deadline.
Grant Inventory Worksheets (GIWs)
The FY 2018 GIWs have been posted to the HUD Exchange for review by CoCs, project applicants, and interested stakeholders. HUD’s Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) completed a thorough review to ensure all known eligible renewal projects are included on each CoCs GIW for the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition. However, it is the CoC’s responsibility to verify all renewal grants eligible to apply for FY 2018 CoC Program funds are included on the GIW. If an eligible renewal grant is missing from the GIW, record the omitted grant information on the GIW Change Form that is available on the HUD Exchange.
The GIW calculates an Annual Renewal Amount (ARA) for each project, which is the total renewal amount a project may request in the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition, and the sum of all renewable budget line items (BLI); e.g., rental assistance, leasing, supportive services. The sum of the project ARAs is then used to calculate the CoC’s Estimated Annual Renewal Demand (ARD).
Notes about the GIW
- The FY 2018 GIWs have been pre-populated with all known grants that are eligible for renewal funding within the CoC’s geographic area in the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition.
- Data from FY 2017 GIWS, Line of Credit Control System (LOCCS), and e-snaps was used to review the accuracy of the pre-populated project information.
- The GIWs and a GIW Change Form (to be used for requesting changes to the GIW) are posted to the HUD Exchange.
- CoCs must review the projects on the posted GIW to verify accuracy of the information.
- If a CoC identifies missing projects, projects that should be removed, or projects with information that must be updated (e.g., BLI changes through a grant agreement amendment), the CoC must complete a GIW Change Form and submit it to the local HUD field office for review.
Important GIW Dates
- May 8, 2018 - CoCs must complete GIW reviews and provide any GIW Change Forms to their local HUD field offices. No changes will be accepted by HUD field offices after May 8, 2018. CoCs should not wait to send GIW Change Forms to their local HUD field offices, but rather, begin review and submit early as field offices will review and approve or deny changes before the GIW Change Forms are sent to SNAPS.
- May 28, 2018 - HUD will post all revised GIW revisions to the HUD Exchange no earlier than May 28, 2018. A listserv message will be sent to confirm completion of the FY 2018 GIW process.
Important GIW Resources
- FY 2018 GIW Reports
- FY 2018 CoC Program GIW Instructions for CoCs, Collaborative Applicants, and Project Applicants
- GIW Change Form with Rental Assistance Worksheet
HUD has posted the FY 2018 CoC Names and Numbers document and the FY 2018 Geographic Codes document that provides the geographic codes that have been added or removed. Preliminary Pro Rata Need (PPRN) amounts are not available at this time but will be provided once the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition opens later this year.
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues or the FY 2018 CoC Program Registration process, submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program interim rule or a policy related question, submit your questions to the CoC Program Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the CoC AAQ portal, select “CoC: Continuum of Care Program” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.