From our Federal Partners: Get Ready! States are Restarting Medicaid Renewals in 2023
This message was originally sent as a bulletin from HUD's Office of Public and Indian Housing. HUD Exchange is redistributing for awareness
Starting April 1, 2023, states will restart yearly Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) eligibility reviews.
This means states will use the information they have to decide if family members still qualify for Medicaid or CHIP coverage. Most children can still be covered through CHIP.
If a state needs more information to make a coverage decision, they will send a renewal letter in the mail so it's important for anyone who has moved to make sure that their contact information is up-to-date.
Here are three easy steps families can take to prepare for the renewal process:
- Update their contact information
- Check their mail
- Complete their renewal form (if they get one)
Get ready to renew now!
Learn More About Medicaid Renewals in 2023
SNAPS Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s SNAPS news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through the HUD Exchange