Equal Access Rule Assessment Tool Now Available
The Equal Access Rule Assessment Tool has been updated and re-released. This tool provides specific action steps for HUD recipients and subrecipients to meet the requirements of the Equal Access Rule in shelters and other facility settings.
The tool covers:
- Requirements regarding the creation of policies and procedures
- The responsibility to train staff and contractors
- Communication to residents about their rights and protections
Three action steps are provided based on the assessment responses and the most critical steps necessary for creating inclusive and safe access. The provider can retake the assessment for new priority steps at any time. This is a companion tool to the Equal Access Guide for Transgender People: Supporting Inclusive Housing and Shelters and Equal Access Training Scenarios.
For additional resources for homeless LGBTQ individuals and families and service providers, visit the LGBTQ Homelessness page.
Specific questions requesting formal HUD program guidance can be submitted to the Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. Select the appropriate program – CoC: Continuum of Care, ESG: Emergency Solutions Grants, or HOPWA: Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS – and enter “Equal Access Rule” for the subject. If you have questions about or need assistance in compliance with the Equal Access Rule please request technical assistance.
SNAPS Mailing List Subscription
SNAPS is now using two different listservs to communicate competition and program updates:
- Subscribe to the HUD.gov listserv for information developed by HUD/SNAPS regarding the CoC program, ESG program, YHDP, Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFOs) developed by SNAPS, and any other information related to SNAPS programs and the work to end homelessness.
- Subscribe to the HUD Exchange listserv for information and guidance produced by HUD technical assistance providers regarding SNAPS programs.